TRUBLUE iQ+ Auto Belay
Meet the first auto belay in the world with the ability to "take". The TRUBLUE iQ+ is equipped with revolutionary catch-and-hold technology, giving climbers the opportunity to rest, recover, and retry challenging moves. Built on the next gen iQ platform, the TRUBLUE iQ+ combines best-in-class quality and durability with never-before-seen features. Welcome to the future of auto belays.
Estimated shipping date: TBD
The TRUBLUE iQ+ marks the largest leap forward in auto belay innovation in over a decade. Designed for both indoor and outdoor climbing walls, the iQ+ is the first and only auto belay device to offer advanced features like catch-and-hold technology and IoT compatibility.
As the premium model in our iQ series, every TRUBLUE iQ+ is handmade in the USA and engineered to last. The patented magnetic braking system is friction-free, delivering high cycle counts with low maintenance requirements and minimal wear on internal parts.
- Catch-and-Hold Technology: Allows climbers to rest and project routes.
- Built for indoor and outdoor use.
- High cycle count, minimal maintenance, and low cost of ownership.
- Smooth descent: TRUBLUE is the only auto belay to utilize magnetic braking technology. Magnetic braking is extremely reliable (even in wet conditions), friction-free, and self-regulating, providing the same rate of descent regardless of a user’s size or weight.
- Unassisted Ascent: Rather than pulling climbers up the wall, TRUBLUE gives users the most authentic climber feel, giving users the freedom to climb under their own power.
- Improved Durability: The iQ series is equipped with wider webbing, a built-in back bumper, and replaceable mount guard.
- IoT Compatibility: Built-in connectivity for data downloads and performance analytics (software package still to come)
- Meets international safety standards: TRUBLUE is designed for climbers and engineered for safety. We engineered TRUBLUE to meet international safety standards for fall arrest devices.
- Extensive safety testing: For over four years, the TRUBLUE iQ series has undergone extensive safety testing by an ISO 17025 accredited company specializing in product testing.
- Shock Load Certified: TRUBLUE Auto Belays are certified under EN360:2002 to protect against shock loads. In climbing, these can be caused by dynamic movements.
- TÜV SÜD tested to 10x Class A
- Printable wall signage is available for your facility. You can download your copy here: Safety Posters
Featuring the same magnetic braking climbers love and trust, now more durable and lighter than ever before!
- iQ: 370 x 280 x 198 mm (14.5 x 11 x 7.7 in)
- iQ+: 370 x 280 x 254mm (14.5 x 11 x 10 in)
- iQ LT: 15.9 kg (35 lbs)
- iQ XL: 19 kg (41 lbs)
- iQ+ LT: 19 kg (41.8 lbs)
- iQ+ XL: 22.1 kg (48.7 lbs)
- Climber Weight Range: 10-140 kg (22-309 lbs)
- Maximum Landing Velocity: 2.0 m/s (6.5 ft/s)
- Maximum Mounting Height:
- LT: 12.5 m (41 ft)
- XL: 20 m (65.6ft)
- Minimum Mounting Height:
- LT: 4.5 m (14.8 ft)
- XL: 12 m (39.4 ft)
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: -4°C to 60°C (25°F to 140°F)
- Operating (Dry): -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
Everyday gyms, camps, adventure parks and more have a choice to make when they pick an auto belay for their business. With lives literally hanging on the line, we take safety seriously and think you should too. As the world leader in auto belay manufacturing, we have an awesome responsibility to take the lead in regulation and safety requirements. Every TRUBLUE is tested to the strictest safety standards, including:
- AS/NZS 1891: Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices - Part 3: Fall arrest devices
- CSA Z259.2.3-99: Descent Control Devices
- EN 341: 2011 Class 1A: Personal protective equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices
- RFU PPE-R/11.128:2019: Recommended for Use for descent control devices used in climbing gyms, rope courses. 10x Class A.
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4: Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components
- EN 360:2002: Personal protective equipment against falls from a height - Retractable type fall arresters.Section 4.5: Maximum force < 6kN for 150kg capacity
Learn more about what these safety standards mean here.