Based in Louisville, Colorado, Head Rush Technologies is on a mission to empower the most epic adventures in the world. We create innovative equipment for climbing gyms, family entertainment centers, camps, schools, and adventure parks. Explore the job openings below for your chance to join the Head Rush team!
ARE YOU READY FOR A NEW ADVENTURE?
Job Title: Sustaining Engineer
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Work Environment: Primarily On-Site with occasional Remote Work
ABOUT HEAD RUSH TECHNOLOGIES:
Are you ready to power epic adventures? Based 15 minutes from beautiful Boulder, Colorado, Head Rush Technologies is on a
mission to power the most epic adventures in the world. Leveraging our passionate approach to adventure safety, we create
and service clearly superior products and solutions for businesses at height. This includes innovative equipment for the
outdoor, amusement and recreation industries.
Being the first company to bring technology from trains, elevators, and roller coasters into the climbing arena, we are best
known for our application of eddy current braking in products such as our TRUBLUE Auto Belay, as well as our QuickFlight Free
Fall Device and zipSTOP Zip Line Brake.
It’s not just our products that set us apart though. At Head Rush, we believe in connecting passion with purpose. To do this, we
partner with climbing’s biggest stars, film festivals, and advocacy organizations to grow the sport of climbing by promoting
better access and inclusiveness. What else do we stand for? We value our customers and collaboration, see problems as
opportunities to drive results, and relentlessly focus on quality. Most importantly, we love what we do and why we do it!
The Sustaining Engineer supports Head Rush Technologies’ Manufacturing and Product Development systems. Their work helps
ensure that all products leaving the factory are fully functional, defect-free, and are efficiently and consistently assembled
using components that meet the company’s stringent Quality requirements. The Sustaining Engineer works together with the
Quality Engineer to implement improvements to Engineering/Production processes and resolve any issues that may arise. In
addition, the Sustaining Engineer collaborates with New Product Development Engineers to improve the current product line
and ensure smooth product launches.
When/if the company learns of any manufacturing bottleneck or potential product deficiency, it is the Sustaining Engineer’s
top priority to collaborate with the Quality Engineer to quickly and efficiently mitigate and/or eliminate the concern.
Additionally, the Sustaining Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the systems and procedures to reduce or eliminate
future deficiency occurrences.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager, based in our Louisville, CO headquarters. The ability to
reliably commute or a plan to relocate before starting work is required.
ESSENTIAL SUSTAINING ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Objective/Measurement – Completion of assigned responsibilities within designated timeframe, established within annual action planning
• Design and Develop improved components for Head Rush’s current product line
• Maintain/Update file revisions for current product utilizing Solidworks/PDM
• Coordinate with Quality Engineer to implement recommended assembly/process improvements
• Collaborate with NPD Engineers to ensure assemblies are designed for manufacturing (DFM), including GD&T and
• Develop and maintain component specifications, drawings, inspection documents, and service manuals
• Aid in the resolution of manufacturing, quality, and reliability issues
• Document and maintain Engineering processes and procedures
• Assist NPD Engineering with testing and evaluation of new or revised components/products
• Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations, both international and
The above listed essential duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does
not exclude them from the position.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or 4-year technical degree in related discipline, or a combination of education and work
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a Sustaining or Design Engineer role, preferably in a process-oriented operations
or related industry
• 1 year of experience with Solidworks and PDM, or similar CAD and Data Management software
• Knowledge in the utilization of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools
• Exceptional problem solving/analysis skills using sound engineering principals
• Project Management Skills – ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
• Salary Range $65,000 - $75,000 DOE
• Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance
• 401k with Company Match
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Sick Time
Head Rush Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a
positive work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If this opportunity looks interesting to you, please submit your resume in PDF format to: [email protected], by
June 5th, 2023. Include a personalized cover letter explaining how your background applies to the Sustaining Engineer
position and your interest in our company. Submissions not meeting all requirements will be considered incomplete.