Zip Line Trolley for Impact Braking and High Velocities
The Impact Trolley is the only trolley on the market designed specifically for impact braking on zip lines. When we created the zipSTOP Zip Line Brake, the response from line operators (and their riders) was immediate and positive.
But as engineers constantly seeking to improve equipment and processes, we quickly saw an opportunity to improve customer experience even more.
Why We Developed the Impact Trolley
Benefits to Operators and Riders
The problem with other trolleys is that they weren't designed for impact braking. They ride unevenly on the line in the braking process, causing more frequent equipment replacement and unnecessary cable wear (which means replacing your line more often than you should have to). Zip line operators understood the benefits of zip line braking (higher throughput and better customer experience) and the benefits of rider trolleys, but the two weren't working together in the way they should.
The Impact Trolley was created to solve these problems and improve both rider experience and the zip line operator's bottom line. Every component is designed for maximum performance:
- The front has a slight curve that ensures smooth contact with the cable and both sheaves stay on the line at all times, removing undue cable wear
- Contact between the trolley and bumper is efficient so your riders stop like they're supposed to, but with the smoothest braking possible
- Adding the T-Handle with its design keeps riders facing forward with their hands free from the impact area on arrival, and has a pivoting action that reduces swing and delivers much less impact than a stationary handle
- Premium quality and craftsmanship provide a return on investment through its operational savings and savings on replacement parts
Impact Trolley Options
A main strength of the Impact Trolley is its versatility. We realized our customers had many different requirements in a zip line trolley, so we designed ours with maximum flexibility (there are four basic configurations available, shown below) and then you have the further capability of setting designing the trolley setup for a dual line zip line.
Each trolley option is available in either orange or silver anodized finish.
Impact Trolley with T-Handle
Our most popular trolley setup, with the best possible rider experience. The handle keeps riders facing forward with their hands free from the impact area (essential with impact braking) and pivots to smoothen the impact, swinging with the rider as they decelerate.
Basic Impact Trolley
The Impact Trolley is the only zip line trolley designed specifically for impact braking. Its superior design and quality components make it the best of its class, and zip line operators can always add on features (hook accessory, T-handle, etc.) as their needs evolve.
Impact Trolley with T-Handle and Hook
This option combines all of the benefits of the Impact Trolley, Hook Accessory (to help eliminate rider retrieval scenarios) and T-Handle (with knurled handles for maximum grip and stainless steel construction) – all in one package.
Impact Trolley with Hook
The hook interacts with a hook mechanism on the brake trolley to prevent riders from rolling away from the landing zone, increasing throughput by allowing a guide to easily pull the rider to the platform. It even works with offset redirection lines.
Impact Trolley Features
- Premium zip line trolley designed for use with impact braking
- Rated for higher speeds than other trolleys – up to120 kph (75 mph)
- Simple, single-step mounting process maximizes throughput
- Anodized aluminum and riveted sheaves provide long lifespan, capable of enduring harsh environments
- Multiple clip-in points for enhanced safety
- Lightweight design is perfect for zip line riders of all ages
- Cost savings potential through less frequent cable, trolley and brake part replacements
- Dimensions (for Single Trolley without handle): 180mm long x 115mm high x 33mm wide (7 in long x 4.5 in high x 1.3 in wide)
- Weight (for Single Trolley without handle): 550 grams (19.4 ounces)
- Maximum Operating Speed: 120 kph (75 mph)
- Rated Working Capacity: 15-150 kg (33-330 lbs)
- Working Temperatures: Minimum -40°C/-40°F, Maximum 80°C/176°F
- Fits 9.5mm – 19mm (3/8 in – 3/4 in) diameter cable
- The Impact Trolley is intended for zip lining applications and has conformed as Personal Protective Equipment to CE requirements stated by Directive 89/686/EEC + Amendments from EN 795:2012, EN 12275:2013, EN 12278:2007, EN 362:2005, and EN/prEN15567-1