Abrasion-Resistant Reduction Line for Zip Lines (and many other uses)
Gorilla Rope is designed specifically to provide high strength, a long life span, and minimal stretch for applications where a small diameter rope is necessary. It is made for maximum durability and high performance in any application. It is perfect for use as a reduction line with the zipSTOP Zip Line Brake, but can also be used for many other industrial or recreational applications where these qualities are critical.
Why We Developed Gorilla Rope
In keeping with our history of listening to our customers and developing high-end products to solve their problems, we had many requests asking for a recommended reduction line for their zipSTOP, but we were unable to find any on the market that were optimal for use with our products. Customers often reported that the reduction lines they were using were too thick and jumped the pulleys, were too heavy and sagged below the zip line, and were not rugged enough and had to be replaced frequently.
We went to work engineering a solution for these zip line reduction line issues – and the result is Gorilla Rope., which solved all of the problems in one lightweight, strong, abrasion-resistant and UV-resistant rope.
- High strength-to-weight ratio due to specially engineered core
- Sheathing designed to be highly resistant to abrasion due to friction, UV resistant, and water repellent
- Highly stretch resistant to ensure minimal elongation during use
- Maximum flexibility allows Gorilla Rope to remain strong when used with varying sizes of pulleys and blocks
- Sheathing designed to decrease likelihood of knots untying during use thanks to specialized outer coating
- Water resistant core and outer sheathing repel water and prevent absorption
- Fade-resistant materials withstand sun and weathering to maintain original coloring and keep your Gorilla Rope looking newer, longer
- Diameter: 6mm
- Minimum Breaking Strength: 14.9 kN (3,350 lbs)
- Weight: 2.4 kg/ 100 meters (1.5 lbs per 100 ft)
Recommended Uses for Gorilla Rope Include
(but are not limited to):
- Reduction line for zipSTOP Zip Line Brake
- Sailing, kayaking, boating in general
- Camping and backpacking