Belay Gate - Climbing Wall Accessory
While not in use, the webbing of the TRUBLUE Auto Belay hangs down and clips into the top of the triangular Belay Gate, holding it up and blocking the initial holds of a climbing lane. Once the climber transfers the auto belay carabiner from the gate to their harness, the Belay Gate lays flat on the floor, opening the climbing lane and alerting others there is a climber above.
The two lower loops of the belay gate can be attached easily to the climbing wall using bolts from existing holds or by additional hangers/bolts. The words 'Clip In' are in plain view when the gate is up on the wall and the words 'Climber Above' warns others when the auto belay is in use.
- High contrast colors on each side (Neon Orange/Neon Green) for maximum attention (click here to see the color of the other side of the Belay Gate)
- Lower webbing straps adjust from 25-432 mm (1-17 in)
- Internal foam core adds padding and gives the gate structure up on the wall or while lying flat on the ground
- Dimensions: 122 cm wide x 104 cm tall (48 in wide x 41 in tall)
- Material: 420 Denier Nylon cover over 0.6 cm (1/4 in) foam
The Belay Gate helps reinforce the proper use of the TRUBLUE Auto Belay.
This video explains how to use the belay gate and highlights its benefits when used in a climbing wall environment.