zipSTOP Zip Line Brake
The zipSTOP and zipSTOP IR Zip Line Brakes use our patented, self-regulating magnetic braking technology to brake zip line riders smoothly and comfortably before automatically resetting for the next rider. The end result is happy customers, higher throughput and an increase to your bottom line.
The zipSTOP IR is a more streamlined version of our zip line brake. The 'IR' stands for internal reduction, and it can accommodate speeds to 60 km/h (37 mph) without an external reduction line, making installation and upkeep easier.
The zipSTOP is easy to operate, has no downtime due to weather, and provides consistent braking for a wide range of rider weights, with arrival speeds up to 60 km/h (37 mph) with a 2:1 reduction ratio.
The zipSTOP IR is ideal for the most common zip lines – those contacting the brake trolley at speeds between 24-59.5 km/h (15-37 mph). For less than 24 km/h (15 mph), the standard zipSTOP is perfect.
zipSTOP IR and zipSTOP Highlights
- Our patented eddy current braking technology – automatically adjusts the braking resistance to the weight of the rider for smooth, comfortable deceleration
- High range of allowable rider weights and speeds, giving you flexibility in zip line design and operations
- Eliminates rider participation in braking, minimizing the potential for human error and significantly reducing staff involvement and risk
- Provides consistent braking and automatically resets after each ride, greatly increasing zip line throughput
- Low maintenance needs and a low cost of ownership, with minimal parts replacement (webbing and bumper)
- Can be installed in any outdoor environment and can withstand the elements (no need to cease operations due to wind, rain or snow)
zipSTOP IR and zipSTOP Zip Line Brake
- Maximum rated working capacity: 15 to 150 kg (30 to 330 lbs)
- Device weight: 23.5 kg (52 lbs)
zipSTOP IR Zip Line Brake
- Rated working velocity: Up to 60 km/h (37 mph) utilizing a direct 1:1 load (cannot be used with external reduction lines in any configuration)
- Nylon/Dyneema Webbing
- Width: 20.8mm (0.8 in)
- Thickness: 1.5mm (0.06 in)
- Breaking load (new): 22 kN (4,946 lbs)
zipSTOP Zip Line Brake
- Rated working velocity
- Up to to 36 km/h (22 mph) utilizing a direct 1:1 load
- Up to 60 km/h (37 mph) utilizing a 2:1 reduction line*
- 60+ km/h (37+ mph), utilizing 3:1 and greater reduction*
- Nylon/Spectra Webbing
- Width: 19mm (3/4 in)
- Thickness: 2.5mm (.1 in)
- Breaking load (new): 15.6 kN (3,507 lbs)
- Impact Trolley – designed for zip line impact braking, providing smoother braking, enhanced rider experience, reduced cable wear, and decreased rider risk
- Pivot Mount – to make your zipSTOP installation easier and more efficient, allowing for smoother braking, reduced webbing wear, and improved line retraction
- Redirection Pulley – created for use with small diameter rope, it is lightweight, corrosion-resistant and engineered to be virtually resistant to snagging
- Gorilla Rope – simply the best small diameter (6mm) rope on the market, with high strength, a long life span, and minimal stretch in zip line use
Which zipSTOP is Right for You?
For maximum benefits, make sure you get the right zipSTOP model for your zip line operation. If you're still not sure after looking at the specification, our zipSTOP comparison page can help you make the best choice.
zipSTOP Zip Line Brake and Impact Trolley for zip lines
This short video highlights our zipSTOP Zip Line Brake and the Impact Trolley, the only zip line trolley designed for impact braking. They both combine to provide a better experience for zip line riders, and better operations and higher throughput for zip line builders and operators.