TRUBLUE Auto Belay
The TRUBLUE Auto Belay was the first of its kind and it remains the best auto belay for your climbing gym, indoor climbing wall, fun climb, recreation center, training center – anywhere that fall protection is needed.
The TRUBLUE was designed specifically for the climbing industry and it uses technology that is superior to all other auto belay systems.
They were the first devices that we developed with our patented eddy current magnetic braking technology, and their amazing success in rushing to the top of the worldwide auto belay market is the driving force behind everything we do.
- Simple to install and relocate: Compact modular unit designed to be hung from a top anchor. The end user can easily install the auto belay themselves.
- Wide range of descent heights from 7.5 m (24.6 ft) to 20 m (65.6 ft) - TRUBLUE provides the longest range of all modular systems
- Accommodates a wide range of climber weights: The TRUBLUE allows for a weight range of 10 to 150 kg (22 – 330 lbs), making it the ideal auto belay system for facilities with a wide audience of children and adults
- Smooth descent: The self-regulating braking system adjusts automatically to suit the weight of the climber and has minimal variation in the descent rate of a child (at 22 lb/10 kg min.) and an adult (at 330 lb/150 kg max)
- Reliability: The fail to safe design means that the braking core will always engage even in the extremely unlikely case that the internal components completely fail.
- Fully Patented: The TRUBLUE is the only auto belay on the market with magnetic braking.
Minimal Maintenance Requirements and Costs
- There are no wearing or sacrificial wear parts in this magnetic, non-contacting system; TRUBLUE was engineered to eliminate one-way clutch bearings, which removes a key potential point of failure present in other auto belay designs
- Webbing based system will not damage walls like cable-based systems can, and webbing is preferred by climbers over cable for its more natural feel
- Reduced webbing wear: Unique field-replaceable webbing delivery nozzle significantly reduces webbing wear, and webbing replacement for the TRUBLUE is significantly less expensive than cable replacement for other types of auto belays
- Dimensions: 80 x 320 x 216 mm (15 x 12.6 x 8.5 in)
- Device Weight: 19.3 kg (42.5 lbs)
- Rated Working Capacity: 10 to 150 kg (22 to 330 lbs)
- Maximum Descent Speed: 2.0 m/s (6.5 ft/s)
- Maximum Line Extension (Descent Height):
- TRUBLUE: 12.5 m (41 ft)
- Also available in a 7.5 m (24.6 ft) length for shorter walls
- TRUBLUE XL: 20 m (65.6ft)
We believe that auto belays should not only meet the same standards as other fall arrest devices, they should meet the same standards as other climbing gear. TRUBLUE meets the strictest safety standards of all auto belays and has undergone extensive testing by an ISO 17025 certified lab.
- American National Standard ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2007 "Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components"
- Canadian Standard, CSA Z259.2.3-99 "Descent Control Devices"
- Australian and New Zealand Standard, AS/NZS 1891.3 1997 "Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices – Part 3: Fall arrest devices"
- European Union Directive BS EN 341 "Personal protection equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices"
The TRUBLUE has a number of accessory products that are designed to make installation easier and more efficient, and also help improve operations in your climbing facility. These include:
- Mounting Kit – has what you need for installing a TRUBLUE in a climbing facility
- Belay Gate – helps minimize the potential risk from climber error
- Universal Mount – is used on trees, poles, and climbing walls to provide an anchor point to mount a TRUBLUE Auto Belay or other climbing anchor
- Scuff Guard – is a cushioned rubber tile that is designed to protect both your wall and your TRUBLUE Auto Belay
Hear it From Our Customers
The greatest advocates of TRUBLUE Auto Belays are our customers who have seen the benefits of its engineering design and reliability.
Here's a compilation video of some TRUBLUE customers who talk about some of the ways it's helped raise customer satisfaction and improve overall business.