QUICKjump Free Fall Device
The QUICKjump family of free fall devices were designed as a natural extension of our patented magnetic braking technology, allowing a jumper a thrilling free fall before softly catching them and lowering them to the ground. They give riders the sensation of a real free fall, and it makes a QUICKjump the perfect addition to a ropes course or any outdoor attraction that wants to add a real 'wow' factor.
QUICKjump is also a great attraction for amusement parks, family entertainment centers (our Low Mount model was created specifically for indoor facilities or installations with low mounting heights), adventure parks, shopping centers, resorts, and more.
A QUICKjump can be installed in almost any high location and moved easily, and it's affordable enough to start making a profit in a matter of hours (you can see an example of its amazing return on investment on this page).
- True free fall feeling with our magnetic braking technology adapted to allow an initial rapid descent, giving the rider a stomach-flipping thrill
- Wide range of allowable rider weights - all QUICKjump devices have a working capacity from 20 - 130 kg (44 - 285 lbs)
- Simple to install and relocate with a compact, modular unit designed to be hung from a top anchor and moved easily
- High throughput with a line that retracts quickly and smoothly, allowing for rapid turnover and providing a high return on investment
- High reliability with no internal sacrificial wear parts
- Minimal maintenance and low cost of ownership
- The webbing is stitched with an integrated Overload Protection Assembly (OPA) for extra defense against excessive deceleration (and the OPA has a durable, removable cover to shield it from the elements)
QUICKjump RipCord Options and Mounting Heights
QUICKjump devices come with optional RipCord options that can increase the free fall distance and mounting height possibilities. The length of the free fall roughly equates to RipCord length plus the free fall inherent to the device.
The length of free fall ranges from 1.5 m (5 ft) on the QUICKjump 0.8m Low Mount option to 3.5 m (11.5 ft) on the QUICKjump XL with the 3m RipCord.
Mounting height distances provided below are from the device nozzle to the ground.
- QUICKjump 0.8m Low Mount: Minimum mounting height of 5.3 m (17.4 ft), maximum mounting height of 8 m (26.25 ft)
Watch a short video of the Low Mount QUICKjump
- QUICKjump without a RipCord: Minimum mounting height of 8 m (26 ft), maximum mounting height of 12.5 m (41 ft)
- QUICKjump with 1.5m RipCord: Minimum mounting height of 9.5 m (31 ft), maximum mounting height of 14 m (46 ft)
- QUICKjump XL without a RipCord: Minimum mounting height of 10 m (33 ft), maximum mounting height of 20 m (65.5 ft)
- QUICKjump XL with 1.5m RipCord: Minimum mounting height of 12.5 m (41 ft), maximum mounting height of 21.8 m (71.5 ft)
- QUICKjump XL with 3m RipCord: Minimum mounting height of 14.2 m (46.6 ft), maximum mounting height of 23 m (75 ft)
- Dimensions: 80 x 320 x 216 mm (15 x 12.6 x 8.5 in)
- Device Weight
- QUICKjump: 19.75 kg (44 lbs)
- QUICKjump XL: 20.8 kg (46 lbs)
- Rated Working Capacity (all devices)
- 20 to 130 kg (44 to 285 lbs)
- ASTM F2291-11: Standard Practice for Design of Amusement Rides and Devices
- ASTM 846-92: Standard Guide for Testing Performance of Amusement Rides and Devices
The QUICKjump Modular Mount was designed to make it easy to add a free fall element to any pole, tree or column. Get more information on the Modular Mount here.
What's the Difference Between the QUICKjump and the FlightLine?
The QUICKjump is our most versatile device for free fall attractions, with lots of options in mounting heights (anywhere from 5.3 m (17.4 ft) to 23 m (75 ft) (they work indoors and outdoors for family entertainment centers, ropes courses, and more).
FlightLine is designed for even higher jumps – up to 24.5 meters (80 feet) – with a staged braking framework that provides for longer free fall sensations with the same soft catch.
Feel the QUICKjump experience...
Yes, it really is that thrilling and that much fun (if you can take the anticipation and the excitement, that is).
Here's some compilation video of some QUICKjump users taken from an Adventure Tower in Colorado.