Choosing the Right Arboreal Tree Climbing Set is Easy
Before you start you need to know the height and circumference of your tree. The height of your tree is the maximum height you want to participants to climb. To measure the height of your tree find the distance from the ground to the highest point in the tree you wish to place a climbing hold. The circumference of your tree is the widest portion of the perimeter of your tree. Measure the circumference of your tree by horizontally wrapping a measuring tape around the trunk of the tree and writing down your measurement where the tape measure meets itself.
First decide if the basic or performance set is right for you:
- The basic set comes with one base plate and one handhold per ratchet strap.
- The performance set allows you to install two baseplates and two handholds per strap
- If neither of these options are right for you then you can always add elements to a set a la carte.
Second choose the set that corresponds with the height of your tree:
- Don’t worry if the height of your tree doesn’t exactly match the height of the set. If your tree is approximately the suggested height then it will work with the Arboreal Tree Climbing System.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the metric system, one meter is about three feet.
Third, choose the ratchet length that corresponds to the circumference of your tree.
- The ratchet strap length must be at least six inches longer than the circumference of your tree.
- If you are deciding between two ratchet straps, choose the longer of the two.
Next choose the color of your handholds:
- Arboreal handholds come in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, brown and gray.
- All of the handholds will be the same color unless you choose the a la carte option.
Then, add the Arbroreal Tree Climbing Set to your shopping cart
- Specify the number of sets you would like to buy either by leaving the default value untouched or by typing a number in the "Qty" field.
- Click "Add to Cart" to add the product to your shopping cart
Finally, add any necessary fall protection.
- If your climbing route exceeds 15 feet you need to add a Universal Mount as a separate item to your order. The Universal Mount allows you to either set up a top rope anchor or to mount a TRUBLUE Auto Belay.
- If your climbing route is below 15 feet, you have the option of either installing a Universal Mount or purchasing a bouldering pad or a fall attenuation surface from a third party.
That’s it! All you have to do now is purchase your Arboreal Tree Climbing System by completing the checkout process and wait for it to arrive. In no time at all you will have a unique tree climbing system perfect for all skill levels.